A few new challenges posted by my sweet Digi-Bosses. First is Tamara (TotallyD Designs w/ a color challenge) she is participating on this month’s Color Challenge at Inspiration-Lane. You get a color combo and you either do a LO or a mini kit or a QP with it. Here is this week’s color combo:
And this is Tamara’s FREE mini kit: (play with her kit and with Inspiration-Lane to get points and Gift certificates to their store)
and here is my sample using the mini kit:
and I couldn’t resist making the above LO into a Quick Page for all you ladies!!!! So come up and grab it!
Then it’s Robyn’s (Scrappergirl Design) challenges this week. She had Word Out Tueday:
She also had Monday’s Challenge and this week’s challenge is to make a LO using an Alpha.
Here is her LO using Old News AlphaAnd don’t forget to link your LOs to Robyn’s posts for some freebies!
Hi ladies! My friend Vicki and I have had these two QK die cuts for some time now. She has this adorable DEER die cut and I have this super adorable 😉 OWL. They were a release for FALL 2008 and we still had them in their brand new packaging, so we challenged each other to use them today. Of course since I have been bitten by the card challenge blog, this card covers a few challenges too!
One thing to notice… check out her eyes! Her eyes are from the same pattern paper as the base card, I positioned the die cut so two white dots will be perfectly positioned as eyes! How cool is that?
BTW… some sneak peek for some LOs coming really soon! And make sure you go and visit Vicki to see her DEER card.
- Pattern Papers : American Crafts
- Cardstock : Bazzill and some unknown scraps
- Embellishments : Heidi Swapp photo corners; MM metal clip; brad unknown
- Stamps : Unknown (it is says warehouse something… don’t understand the second word)
- Die cuts / Embossers : Fiskar’s Embossing plate; QK diecut from CropStop
- Ribbon : Savvy N Sassy
- Ink : Color Box Pigment ink
This week really sneaked up on me, what happen? well, maybe the few chaos around the house. I am not sure I am happy with the card, but this is what you get when you make a card in less than 30 mins and that includes embossing the image AND the button that I HAD TO USE. Yes, the cute old gold button was originally old silver. First I painted it and noticed that I didn’t have the time to wait for it to dry to make it on time for Etsy Inspired challenge, so I took the paint off and decided to emboss. And let me tell you it is a pretty slow process to HEAT emboss a PLASTIC button, ’cause you don’t want to melt it, but I like how the button looks.
- Stamp : MSE (I think, it is one of those individual stamps)
- Ink : Colorbox Black embossing ink
- Paper : Basic Grey; Red card from my scraps
- Embellishments : Button from my stash too, Bling by Junkitz
- Other : Ribbon from Walmart’s xmas collection (it is wired); Square punch by Marvy; Black and Pirate Gold embossing powders by Ms and Stampendous
Hi everyone! You know those days when you need a pick me up? well, this card is to for those days, those moments when we need to feel pretty.
This card is all feminine, it is all pretty… and it helps take those blues flying out of you! Yes, it is a panty, but it’s no ordinary panty… it is NO granny panty either… it is a “make you feel pretty” panty. Wouldn’t you love one pair like this?
Challenges: (vicki, are you proud?)
- Punch – Martha Steward; scissors Fiskars
- stamps : Inque Boutique and MSE alphas
- Inks : ColorBox Pigment Sky Blue ink; Sienna Ancient Page
- Embellishments : Felt Snowflake from Js; Bling by Darcie.
- Template : this is my own little template! 🙂
Two more cards for you ladies! One very very feminine and sweet, it is for my mom’s birthday next month. The other one for my dad on Father’s day!
I had fun putting this one together, it did come out a bit different than was I was thinking, but I do like it. I did change my mind a lot and learn something new. Did you know that you can sand away Distress inks? Well, I DIDN’T!!!! I thought after it was on it was on… and you could make it look not so vibrant (at least some colors) by adding water, but if you add too much water then your paper warps… you get the idea. Well I used my Brushed Corduroy color on this card using the applicator, well… I didn’t like it, it went from a happy card to a not so happy card… so I decided to try to sand away some color and it WORKED!!!! I had embossed the cardstock before inking, so I did get some of the ink but just enough and I like it!
And a little close-up of the cute cupcake!
- Pattern Paper : American Crafts, Basic Grey
- Stamps : Inkspirational, Inque Boutique, Inkadinkado
- Inks : Brushed Corduroy Distress ink, Artprint Brown Memories, Vivid Bermuda
- Ribbon : Martha Stewart
- Embosser : Fiskars
- Other : Silver Beads and Baubbles from Ms.
Some neat textures in this card. I am not really good at masculine cards, so I am very happy with this one. For the white texture I used gesso w/ a piece of scrap cardstock to drag it around really really thin.
- Cardstock : Unknown (they are pretty old from my stash)
- Stamps : Stampin’ Up! (really old too, for some reason I can only find this stamp from the entire set)
- Ink : Memories Artprint Brown
- Embosser : Cuttlebug Embossing Plate from Crop Stop
- Other : MM metal photo holder, Gesso, MM eyelets
and then I am going to scrap something… I have been doing so many cards and no scrappin’… what’s up with that?
This one is for Stamps and Smiles Sneak Peek & Challenge – SASMR2. First a little close up of the flower and the ribbon.
Pattern Paper : Sweetwater (pretty old paper in my stash); Anna Griffin vellum (for the bottom layer of the flower)
Cardstock : Bazzill
Ribbon : http://www.savvynsassy.com (May kit)
Stamps : Inque Boutique
Embellishments : Prima flowers ; Buttons Galore red buttons (in my opinion they are pink)
Ink : Versafine