So, yesterday I get an email from a store saying “ONLY 120 days till xmas!”… and I am thinking oh no…. we already started the count down?!?!?!?! To celebrate that there are only 119 days left before xmas arrives I decided to do a xmasy card for Stamps and Smiles Fresh Batch sketch… yep it is Thursday!!!
I did a resist technique on the gifts, I stamped them w/ archival ink and then painted them w/ a clear wax stick. I painted the bows in red w/ watercolor and then went to town w/ tons of water and green watercolor paint. I like the texture on the watercolor, and even though there is one present that apparently I didn’t colored very well w/ the clear wax crayon I think it “adds” to the watercolor effect.
close up of the wired ribbon bow:
- Stamps: Stamps and Smiles
- Ribbon: Wired gold ribbon Walmart Xmas gift packaging from last year
- Embellishments: Big Brad (Hobby Lobby); Holographic green flower (Hobby Lobby)
- Fresh Batch from Stamps and Smiles – Sketch #30
- Challenge 16 – Touch of Sparkle @ Whimsy stamp challenge
- Challenge #58: Christmas in August @ Dutch Dare