Let me first start this post by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE turtles! We used to have 2 itty bitty turtles when I was little, wonder what happen to them? I found out this new digital stamp company called Whimsie Doodles, I think I found them through SheatLoads. Well she has the cutest little turtles!!!!! I got so excited, I took out my coloring pencils and started to have fun, then I realized that I wanted the turtle to be holding a heart and not the flower he was holding. So I manipulated the image (I hope Melissa doesn’t mind) and after a few copy and pastes I ended up w/ this little guy. Same guy but w/o the flower.
Here are some close ups of the image and the card itself. The card is a gift card holder using a coffee sleeve – Project Tuesday’s idea! It is missing the gift card, ’cause I have to go get one for my mom, and I haven’t decided which one to get her.
Challenges: (And remember if you like to Pile On the challenges, just visit us at the new challenge blog PILE IT ON!)
- Project Tuesday – Coffee Sleeve Gift Card Holder
- Card Patterns
- Challenge 63 – Nip and a Punch @ Cute Card Thursday
- TGIF!! and another color challenge! – Pink and Green @ If the shoe fits!
- Banana Split Sunday – Pattern Frenzy @ 2 Red Bananas
- Stamps : Whimsie Doodle – turtle; Verve Stamp – Smile sentiment
- Flowers : Prima Marketing
- Embellishments : Brads – Doodlebug, Bazzill
- Ribbon : from my stash (sorry I don’t have a manufacturer, but I think it’s from the fabric section at Hobby Lobby)
- Punche : Martha Stewart – Double heart punch
- Pattern Paper : Anna Griffin – Vellum
- Cardstock : Bazzill – Poolside Criss Cross set (the lightest color)
- Coloring tool : I only used prisma colored Pencils, nothing… a lot of blending w/ each other colors (thanks Karmyn for asking!)
- Other : Coffee Sleeve from Caribou Coffee