I am baking cookies and since I am not too crazy w/ the sugar cookies I decided that I was going to start this year researching sugar cookies recipe. Here in US the norm is you leave sugar cookies for Santa…. so the search began and I found this recipe… I am a cream cheese fanatic. You spread cream cheese to something I’ll EAT it. So we tried it and OMG… this is the best sugar cookie recipe I have tasted EVER!!! So I wanted to share it w/ you ladies. It is easy, it seems like a long list of ingredients but it is easy to make. I’ll tell you, that I found it to be too soft of a batter to make shaped cookies so I just rolled balls and flatten them w/ my fingers. I may have left the dough mix too much since I was dealing w/ the dogs and Bianca and the cookies all at the same time.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter or margarine softened
- 1 pkg (3oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- colored sugar or decorating icing if desired
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients except flour and colored sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Shape dough into 3 disks. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hr for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375F. On floured work surface, roll out 1 disk of dough at a time to 1/8 inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated.) Cut with lightly floured 2 1/2 inch round or desired shape cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate w/ colored sugar.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. If desired, frost and decorate plain cookies.
TAKEN from the Pillsbury Holiday Baking book. It has some awesome recipes!