Some of ya’ gals really liked the martini card, so I have decided to whip out some instructions for ya’ all! Can you tell I’ve been watching Paula Dean too much?
- Thick Vellum (the thicker the better, but you still want some translucency)
- (you could even go w/ non-texture cardstock for the black piece
- scraps of green for the olive and the #2
- scraps of pink for the hearts and the saying
- Cricut cartridge: Cuttin’ Up
- Fine tip Glue
- Black ink pad (optional)
Instructions for cutting all the pieces:
1. Install your “Cuttin’ Up” cartridge into your Cricut machine.
2. Attached the black cardstock into the Cricut’s cutting pad.
3. Set up the size dial to 6 inches and cut out the martini glass w/ the Cartoon Shadow option selected.
4. Attached the green cardstock into the Cricut’s cutting pad.
5. Do not touch the size dial. Press repeat last cut to cut out the martini glass w/ the olive in green. (NOTE: you could just punch out a circle that is close to the size of the olive)
6. Change dial size to 1 1/2 and cut out the “2” from “Let’s get 2gether” w/ the short stack option selected.
7. Attached the vellum into the Cricut’s cutting pad.
8. Set up the size dial to 6 1/4 inches and cut out the martini glass w/ the Cartoon Shadow option selected.
9. Attached the pink cardstock into the Cricut’s cutting pad.
10. Set up the size dial to 1 1/2 inches and cut out the “Let’s Get 2gether” w/ the Short stack option selected.
11. Now change the size dial to 4 inches and cut out the wedding cake w/ the Serif option selected. (Note: I did stopped the machine right after it cut out the hearts.)
Putting the card together:
- Using a black ink pad, go around the outline of all the pieces to give them a lil’ bit more of dimension.
- Glue the olive to the black olive shadow.
- Add the hearts to the olive w/ pop-dots.
- Glue the olive w/ the shadow to the shadow of the martini glass. I glued it to the top of the shadow, so if you turn the card around you don’t see the shadow piece of the olive.
- Glue the “2” to the phrase.
- Glue the phrase to the vellum martini glass.
- Play w/ the vellum martini and the shadow martini until you are happy w/ the placement.
- Place glue on the back of the phrase and glue both martini pieces together.
- OPTIONAL: sew around the martini glass.
- Write your invitation sentiment on the back of the martini card.